How can I tell which potter made a pot at your pottery?
- The pots are stamped with maker’s stamp, and the number of the firing. The list of stamps is here. There are a few exceptions (oddballs:) Email us a photo if you find one of those, and we will try to identify the maker and firing for you. Get more info here.
Is your pottery dishwasher and/or microwave safe?
- Definitely dishwasher safe, but we don’t recommend the microwave. We know many customers microwave their pots all the time (especially to re-warm tea/coffee or leftovers) but there is a risk that if the liquids get too hot inside the mug/bowl it could break.
Do you offer gift cards?
- Yes! Click here to purchase a gift card:)
Does your pottery contain lead? I’ve heard that’s not so good for you.
- Our pottery does not contain lead, and our pots are stoneware, which means they are fired to 2400 degrees! So even if there was lead in there, it would be so stable that it would no longer be able to leach into the food.
Can I come visit the pottery?
- Absolutely! We are open by appointment to make sure there is someone here to show you around. Please call 919-542-2371 (if you need to reach us quickly, Carol’s cell number is in the voice message) or email [email protected], and we will get back to you to confirm.
How often do you restock the online store?
- We will make every attempt to keep a good selection of pottery in the online store.
What is your shipping and return policy?
- Our highly professional and reliable friends at PakMail in Chapel Hill handle our shipping for us, and take great care in packaging your pieces to ensure they arrive safely. In the decades we have worked with them, we have never had a pot arrive broken. We will deliver your pots to them once we receive your order. Our goal is to have your pots shipped out 2-4 business days after your purchase.
- Shipping cost includes USPS, UPS, or FedX shipping fees, handing (packaging materials, etc.) and adequate insurance for the amount of your purchase. For shipping pottery >$5000 in value, please contact us so we can determine the best way to send your pots to you.
- Rush shipping is available for an additional fee; email [email protected] or call 919-542-2371 when you place your order for pricing. Orders shipped within the state of NC are subject to 7% sales tax.
- If, by some rare chance, the pottery is damaged in shipping, please take a photograph with the packaging so that PakMail can submit that documentation to the insurer. Also, please notify us immediately so we can work with you to try to replace the damaged item.
- Please contact us if you wish to make an international shipment. We will to determine the cost, and charge you appropriately. International shipments may incur additional taxes, duty or fees upon the arrival at their final destination. Mark Hewitt Pottery is not responsible for such additional charges to your shipment.
- We will gladly issue a refund upon the return of your item/s if you dissatisfied with your purchase. Please email us at [email protected] to let us know what you are returning so we can be on the lookout for your package.
- Return shipping is the responsibility of the purchaser. Returns should be shipped back in their original packaging, if at all possible, and returned within 30 days. The cost of shipping is non-refundable. We will issue you a refund (minus the shipping) as soon we receive the returned pot(s.)
- If you don’t have the original packaging, your might consider taking your returns to a trusted shipper to package for you, as you are responsible for getting the items back to us safely so you can get a full refund.
- We know how much you all enjoy using Mark’s pottery, and we want you to be pleased and proud of all the pots you acquire from us. If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, please let us know so we can work with you to address your concerns.
You can reach us at 919-542-2371 or email [email protected] if you have any additional questions.